Lead generation is in a rapid social evolution that puts inbound marketing – the preferred way to turn your online audience into targeted customers and promoters of your business – into the spotlight. Your Inbound Marketing strategy needs to be the core of your marketing plan.
Here’s what’s most important to remember about inbound marketing…your audience no longer wants their attention bought––they want you to earn it! What this means is, 4 specific components that make up your inbound marketing plan for lead generation needs to be carefully considered to better meet the needs of your target market.
Instead of the old outbound marketing methods of buying ads, buying email lists, and praying for leads, inbound marketing focuses on creating highly compelling content that draws people toward your company and product, where you want them to be. By developing compelling relevant content you publish focused on your customer’s main motivations, you naturally attract inbound traffic that you can then convert, close, and captivate over time.
There are 4 main actions that make up inbound marketing strategy:
We don’t want to settle for just any traffic to your landing pages, blog or website, we want the exact right traffic. We want the people who are most likely to become leads, and, ultimately, happy satisfied customers.
Some of the most important tools we use to attract the right users to your website or are:
- Blogging (Inbound marketing starts with blogging!)
- SEO (We methodically select keywords your customers search for, optimize pages, create content around those keywords, and build links around the words your ideal buyers are searching for)
- Pages (Your website pages are your digital storefront. We optimize your site to appeal to ideal buyers and transform your website into a source of compelling content to attract the right visitors)
- Social Publishing (Successful inbound strategies are all centered around outstanding content - social publishing allows you to share that content on key platforms, engage with prospects, and put a human face on your brand)
Once you attract ideal website visitors, the next step is to convert them into leads by first asking them for their name & email. Contact information is the most valuable currency there is in online marketing. In order to entice visitors to offer up that currency willingly, you need to offer them something irresistible in return. That “payment” is best made with desirable content like eBooks, blueprints, whitepapers, reports, or checklists that is most enticing and valuable to your avatar.
Some of the most important online tools we use in converting visitors to leads include:
- Lead Capture Forms (We optimize your form to make this step of the conversion process as easy as possible)
- Calls to Action (Value propositions and calls to action buttons or links that encourage visitors to take a specific action, like “Download Your Blueprint” or “Attend a Webinar.” Weak calls to action will fail to generate leads)
- Landing Pages (When a website prospect clicks on a call to action, they should then be sent to a landing page where the offer can be fulfilled)
- Sales Funnels (The best way to add value and convert leads in every step)
- Lead Capture System (The leads you're converting then go into a centralized marketing database or CRM system where you can follow up, or email)
- The Close
Once you have attracted the right visitors and converted the right leads, you need to convert those leads into customers. Certain marketing tools can be used at this stage to make sure you’re closing the right leads at the right times.
These closing tools include:
- CRM (Keep track of all the contacts details of your potential and converted customers with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system)
- Closed Loop Reporting (How do you know which marketing efforts are bringing in the best leads? Is your sales team effectively closing hot leads into customers? We help you set up the right systems and tools for analytics and lead conversion Integrated with your CRM system to support your marketing and sales teams to be highly effective)
- Email Follow Ups (When visitors click on your call to action, fill out a form, download your content, but aren’t ready to become a customer, you can send follow up emails focused on relationship building through adding more value that leads to conversion)
- Marketing Automation (This process involves creating email marketing and lead nurturing tailored to the needs and lifecycle stage of each lead)
Inbound Marketing is all about providing highly desirable content to your users, no matter whether they are visitors, leads, or existing customers. The worst thing possible is to forget about your paid clients/customers! They should be nurtured for a long-term relationship by continuing to engage with them, captivate them, and (hopefully) upsell them into other products/services they love.
Tools used to Captivate visitors, leads and current clients/customers include:
- Surveys (We love surveys! In fact, we created SocialSurveys software tool because the very best way to figure out what your users want is simple; ask them and give them what they want)
- Logic Embedded Calls to Action (These present different consumers with offers that change based on the buyer avatar and their lifecycle stage)
- Smart Text (Provide your existing customers with remarkable content tailored to their interests and challenges. Help them achieve their own goals, as well as introduce new products and features that might be of interest to them)
- Social Monitoring & Engagement (Track social conversations that matter to your customers. Study your customers’ questions, comments, likes, and dislikes. Be part of the conversation and reach out to them with relevant content)
25 Biggest Mistakes We’ve Identified When It Comes to Lead Generation…
- Your website or pages do not have a lead capture so you lose every single visitor that comes to your site AND any opportunity to build a relationship with them!
- The value is just not communicated, not relevant or not compelling enough in the way that target’s exactly what your visitors are searching for.
- The call to action is confusing, weak or ineffective.
- You’re trying to go for the sale first, without even ‘dating’ them to build a relationship first!
- No content marketing strategy or the content you are offering is not right.
- Not using lead magnets properly to GIVE value first and take those leads on a valuable journey with you through: reports, blueprints, white papers, checklists, webinars, free courses, training videos, free trials, ebooks, interviews with experts.
- Landing pages you use specifically for customers to ‘land’ on after seeing your ad campaign are not optimized for conversion or there is a disconnect.
- Lead generation landing pages used to capture a consumer’s/company’s information in exchange for something may be turning them off, confusing, design is not right for conversion or you are asking for too much.
- Click-through landing pages/sales pages used to attract visitors to purchase specific product or service that you are trying to sell also may be turning them off, confusing, design is not right for conversion and there’s a disconnect!
- When you offer visitors too many choices they choose none and not having ONE main action is a big place where folks go wrong.
- Not having a lead scoring system in place to help you prioritize leads according to their level of engagement with your content.
- Not using pixels on your pages and building a retargeting list.
- The message is NOT a match on the ad, the page or both and is confusing or not making an authentic connection.
- Overspending on ads, tools or strategies that produce very little ROI
- Impatience in testing and refining! It takes time to get a lead generation system right before you put it on autopilot.
- Failure to nurture leads or dripping the ball.
- Page design is all wrong for conversion and simple tweaks and changes can make all the difference.
- Asking for way too much info on your forms before they even ‘know’ you.
- Trying to sell ‘features’ instead of what they really want…the ‘OUTCOME’ or the ultimate takeaway of having/implementing your solution.
- Too much copy on the page so they have to read a novel!
- No sense of urgency so they are not compelled to act.
- Not optimizing your pages to be responsive and consider mobile.
- Not using exit pop-ups…we invented that technology with LeadMonster.
- Not segmenting leads into the right groups and having those groups lead into specific actions.
- Not A/B split testing
When it comes to lead generation, this is one of the main core components we consider from multiple perspectives from branding, positioning, value proposition, and design, to proper results-oriented social media and marketing strategy, to systems and tools that ultimately creates high conversion rates.
We take the process of creating your greatest, highest converting lead generation system seriously. We even set you up with our own software tools to get the job done right.
If you want to develop a high converting lead generation system to attract and convert your target avatar into your products/services, or fix the one you already have…talk with us.
In one call we can collaborate and create an actionable strategic plan, regardless of whether you choose to have us implement that plan with you, or not.
You can easily schedule a call in seconds by clicking here...
[vCitaMeetingScheduler type=scheduler width=825 height=450]